Friday, August 12, 2011

fight or flight.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

it's safe to suggest this ig thing has gotten a bit out of hand, but i've been digging it. it allows me to observe my daily goings on with more zeal. besides this memory condition, my odd habit of unconsiously pouring bleach into my past has been maddening to the point of my starting up a handwritten journal again.

anyway, tonight was my friend dave weeks' opening, 'fight or flight.' there was only a small handful of new painted works, but the most striking pieces were these etched 40oz 'fish bowls', each containing a luminescent beta fish. they glittered like metallic nail polish in their watery homes. the etchings were equally as striking, pale as shadows, smooth to the touch, featuring the strange hieroglyphics of street writing and weird symbols. it was truly beautiful, & unexpected.

xo

No comments :