Thursday, November 8, 2012

witch in the woods.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

artist darby lahger is living one of my 'later on in life' dreams; she lives in a cabin, in the woods, in sweden. her instagram @old_hag is populated by landscapes of this dream life: snow laden woods, dark bare trees veined against the violet light of dusk, & a cabin filled with the warmth of candlelight. at the center of this is the lady herself, who often takes self portraits: witchy long hair & a beautiful face freckled with mystic tattoos, flying on her broomstick amidst these marvelous settings that somehow seem unreal, plucked from fabulist fiction, or the dreams of a city girl ....  

lucky for me (us) she just opened at instagram gallery where you can purchase prints of her postings. 

6 comments :

ftwftwftw said...

DREAM. LIFE.

NONA LIMMEN said...

Yes, I've been following her for a long time on instagram. Definetely one of my favorite Instagramers!

LIFT UP THE EARTH said...

She is one of my favorite people on instagram. Her photos are so calming and beautiful. Thanks for the head up about them now being available for purchase. I can imagine a few foggy dreamscapes hanging in my bedroom.

in dreams said...

wow, her photos are dark + dreamy, in the best way possible. totally following her now! thanks. :)

Avianti Jewelry said...

There is something about these photos that just pierce right thru you. I love the dark and mysterious quality to them.

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting these, they are very inspiring. Especially the snow scenes.