Kime Buzzelli, is a busy little bee. As owner of rad boutique Show Pony , she is also an amazing painter and has lovely new work over at Dirty Pilot."Untitled # 11". This piece makes me nostalgic for the books I worshipped in high school, such as Francesca Lia Block's collection of modern day fairy tale books.
"What Fools Are Made Of" This is my favorite from the group. I like how she uses line work, color and subject matter to convey these narrative moments of love and fashion.
7 Random Facts:
1. I have an obsession with teeth. I paint them and write about them. I even own several silver teeth charms I got from my love the first x-mas we spent together.
2. I sleep with my deck of tarot cards beneath my pillow.
3. I have watched "Fight Club" more times than I can count and used to not be able to fall asleep without having it on. I love Marla Singer's character and quote her often.
4. As a child I longed to be a boy and to sprout wings. I used to live in trees.
5. A few of my favorite sounds are: ice cubes crackling in a glass before a drink is poured over them, rain against my air conditioner during the summer, and my grandmother's voice when I enter her house for a visit.
6. I love the smell of books. New books, old books, I love them all! I often press my nose into them before I buy them in vintage stores. I am currently reading 3 lovely books right now.
7. Anne Sexton is my favorite poet from my youth and I have her initials tattooed on my right wrist for good luck and inspiration during my own writing. Her work shaped my early desires to be a poet which have since evolved into becoming a fiction writer using poetic language.
I tag my lovely cousin, E the Bee of EstellaAura Vintage. Maybe this will make her start a blog!