Sunday, August 30, 2009

i am absolutely obsessed with crystal morey.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
ok i went a bit overboard with posting images of crystal morey's sculptures but i couldn't help it. i'm madly lusting over everything!!! the emotional weight of how these female figures hold their bodies//hands & their sad eyes is killing me. killing me!!! i've lately been investigating more sculptural work for the gallery & i've found some other new lovelies to post about. but! in the meantime, i suggest taking your own investigation into crystal's work & i hope that maybe more than a few of you will have a similar reaction.
xoxo

5 comments :

danielle v. said...

oh. wow.

Randall Nichols said...

The teeth bother me, very, very deeply for some reason...

bloodmilk. said...

i love the teeth!

Randall Nichols said...

Well, I don't mean to disparage them. Very nicely done, very beautiful. But they also just sort of...stir something in me, looking at them.

april said...

Heavy indeed. The expressions are so sad, and bored, and knowing, but also somewhat caricature-ish all at once.
I love the teeth too! I would not be able to keep my mitts of that installation! I would have to experience those little golden porcelain teeth!