Monday, August 17, 2009

simen johan.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
simen johan is one of those photographers that manages to simultaneously creep me out and hypnotize me. i'm interested in the idea of darkness//strangeness against the innocent and awkwardness of coming of age//childhood & i believe he manages to capture and balance these ideas wonderfully. i've been long loving these specific images from his 'evidence of things unseen' series and even wrote a few of them into my fiction thesis. 

2 comments :

Leila Marvel said...

Yes I've seen some of this work before, especially the foxes. That goldfish image reminds me of the Gummo. I love the photograph of child with the black cat, looks as if there are some supernatural spirits in the background coming from the light. Love these.

Jessica said...

Wow, these are beautiful. The children ones are almost a little reminiscent of Helnwein. You always have such interesting and inspiring posts!