Tuesday, January 25, 2011

now.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

there is something about january in philly that causes me to lose my center of gravity. i feel as if i've been floating through the last few weeks unfocused. of course i've been working on orders and writing, as well as inhaling books thanks to the new found ability to read in the dark, but i feel as if i've been incubating somehow. this is a strange feeling because there is no "big project" on the horizon. i won't be painting for a show for a while & there are no large writing projects looming. it's a new, unnamable feeling that has me downright spooked. & curious. 

 during this time, i've also been thinking about new jewelry in an abstract sense. i signed up for a wax carving class to sharpen my skills & have been collecting images for a new line. doing this often includes culling images that foster the environment i imagine my jewels in and the type of clothing i imagine it paired with. lately i've had my eye on magical, occult symbols and witchy silhouettes. i like the idea of jewelry possessing many functions aside from their aesthetics; my knife jewelry can literally protect you & my planchette necklace is fully functional. i'm hoping to make more objects that can be used to invoke and conjure. for now, these are just some of the images that are inspiring me.
xo

1 comment :

The Hand Of Fatima Design said...

everything is a big project, you are a creator love.