Saturday, March 19, 2011

terribly happy.

Photobucket

annie owens, creatrix of hi-fructose, has a new body of work, 'terribly happy' opening tonight at corpo gallery. the moody watercolors show a marked sophisticated evolution of her long limbed girls;  adolescents on the metamorphic cusp of adulthood or revelation, picking their way through beautiful, hazy landscapes. each figure appears to be brooding on a secret thought or engaged in the pure rapture of their emotions. take a peek at the nearly sold out show here, or her recent interview with nathan spoor here.

xo

5 comments :

Ahnungslose Wissende said...

I miss the right words, so I just can say:

I like it...

Raven said...

I do not know if I showed you this before, but this reminds me of the "Lemonade" video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu3EcAHdHlE

bloodmilk. said...

aside from the amazing iamamiwhoami videos, i think 'lemonade' & 'gallows' from cocorosie were my favorite videos of last year. so good. xo

Molly said...

Will prints be available?

bloodmilk. said...

molly: i believe this one painting is available as a print:http://www.copronason.com/annie_web/pages/screaming.html