Sunday, October 16, 2011

the heart.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

if you've known me for any length of time, you'll know that lydia deetz is my muse & fashion reference point. all black, filmy, lacey clothing / inky hair / & a sombre attitude punctuated by a quirky curiosity for the afterlife. and of course, stripes. my eye is immediately drawn to anything anything with graphic black and white stripes. it's become an obsession over the last few years and I burn my eyeballs on the olde cartoon series (yes i have all the trading cards too) I got in a shady on-line deal. i even have a 'beetlejuice' striped lamp in my studio. . . .

this editorial by matthew shave sharply nails a lithe, adult lydia straddling worlds. even my phantom limbs are swooning.

ps. there is word of a beetlejuice remake. i'm not sure how i feel about this.

10 comments :

sageeyes said...

They really do nail the feel of Lydia in this. and I love the hair compositions for each photo. Not too sculptural, but edgy enough to be an adult her. Brilliant.

Rachel Louisa. said...

This is just perfect! <3

... I'm not sure I would approve of a Beetlejuice remake, either.

Anonymous said...

I really love this photoshoot :)
really inspired!

RavenWolf said...

Love the photos--LOVE Lydia and Beetlejuice--likely because "I myself am strange and unusual."
I don't like the idea of a re-make--the original has too much charm--the bad "special effects" just add to it. Aghh--sacrilege!!

Jamie-Lynn said...

I LOVE the character Lydia and her style♥

Sariska said...

This is fantastic! They really get Lydia bang on, even down to the model herself. Thanks for sharing!

A revamped Beetlejuice? Sacrilege...

Anonymous said...

Depending on the director, a Beetlejuice re-make could be stunning...or it could be an absolute abomination.

fanciful devices said...

OMG i idolized her!
i'd be curious to see the remake and the styling of it.

Rowyn Golde said...

I love this post! As for a new Beetlejuice movie, it is officially going to be a sequel, and they are asking Micheal Keaton to reprise the role. In my mind... that makes it a little better at least. I'm also a huge fan of the film and cartoon, so... Yeah. I feel you.

Lydia Armstrong said...

I love her so much, and have always been so stoked to share a name!!! This editorial is amazing.