Thursday, October 16, 2008

Misguided Arrows

Not to be outdone by NYC, there are some wonderful galleries here in Philly that continue to bring in the art that I admire and obsess over, such as the lovely Art Star gallery located in Northern Liberties. Opening this Saturday, October 18th is the Kathleen Lolley exhibit that I have been waiting ever so long for! The show, titled "Lost, Picking Flowers," should be filled with amazing paintings...... I plan to hop over there for some opening night photos, but here are a couple of new prints that Art Star is offering by Kathleen Lolley now. 
"Misguided Arrows" edition of 50. I'm interested of her use of dark colors that further illumintate the glow of the tree in this night time setting. I especially love the use of Anthropomorphism in her work and never tire of it. The emotion is so compelling here, it is both tender and tragic and relevant to our current troubles.
"Belly of the Beast" is another favorite. I love the owl bed and the sleeping child, another tender image that also has an element of the strange. Her work slightly reminds me of "Where the Wild Things Are" in the best way possible. I long to own an original!
xoxo

No comments :